Thread: The UK's answer to Eminem (and similar talent)?

The UK's answer to Eminem (and similar talent)?

Hi,

New to the site but a long time listener of T9, love his intelligent flows and raw say-how-it-is . A bit about me: I like to do creative writing, mostly spoken word and lyrics (hip-hop/grime ).

I am from the UK, as you may be aware we have our sub culture evolved from the dance/drum-n-bass scene called Grime - this of MC'ing is very aggressive, underground emanating from the inner city areas (and UK gang culture).

The UK hip-hop scene is still growing and evolving, it is similar to the US s however I think this video shows where the UK scene is evolving to... This young talent is up there with the best UK rappers and artists such as Lowkey, Logic MC, Dot Rotten, Ghetts etc.

He recently appeared on a national radio station where he dropped what I consider the best UK hip-hop/grime flows to date - raw, emotional and aggressive, this dude is the next level:

Mic Righteous - Fire In The Booth (Radio 1 Extra)

Also a debut title from this up and coming talent: Mic Righteous - Don't Leave Me

Enjoy and feedback much appreciated.

Yeah dude, love me grime, Kano, ghetts, Wretch, are sick. But my personal favourite is Sway, he oozes fuckin talent, his wordplay is always clever and funny, and he can chop too, cant wait for dubstep to be part of the norm in the grime production scene, I would have to say Lewi White is my fav grime producer, Ghetts' "freedom of speech" is basically a collabo with Lewi, Shit hits hard!! Grime for Life!!!

Yeah man, Grime is the UK's answer to the US hip-hop scene - it's how the UK flows, same thing but a different

I have said for a couple of years that Grime is realer then US hip hop, its still gritty and hasnt been crushed by the industry, The UK can spit just as hard as the US, Old School Dizzee got me into it with Wiley and shit

hell yea grime is sick!! you listen to giggs?? and sway is the best did you check out his new mixtape the best of sway part 1??

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood
    Yeah dude, love me grime, Kano, ghetts, Wretch, are sick. But my personal favourite is Sway, he oozes fuckin talent, his wordplay is always clever and funny, and he can chop too, cant wait for dubstep to be part of the norm in the grime production scene, I would have to say Lewi White is my fav grime producer, Ghetts' "freedom of speech" is basically a collabo with Lewi, Shit hits hard!! Grime for Life!!!

Damn, another mixtape, last I heard was the delivery 2, gonna get that shit tonight fo sure, good lookin out bro!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Unholy
    hell yea grime is sick!! you listen to giggs?? and sway is the best did you check out his new mixtape the best of sway part 1??

Quote Originally Posted by GreenBlood

yeah that mixtape is fuckin dope. part 2 will be out some time in march.

dwamn! that was dope son!