Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Techs $$$?

Techs $$$?

Random question/thought..

We know how major lable deals sap all the money out of artists record sales, how much percentage of his record sales does Tech get to keep? Any ideas? I wan't to say 100% but I'm thinking Trav would get a cut? Could be wrong.

Randomly got the thought when listening to Immortal Technique, the dude makes a fuckload of money and doesnt sell as much as Tech, so it got me thinking about how loaded Tech must be after he drops an album, plus relentless touring.

Immortal Tech:

"100% independant I'm the fuckin' boss, I sold 80,000 off a quotable in The Source, The hood is not stupid, we know the mathematics, I made double what I would going Gold on Atlantic."

"And that's the reason that I only trust my fam,40,000 records sold, 400 grand,Fuck a middle man, I won't pay anyone else,I'll bootleg it and sell it to the streets my self"

With that being said, Tech must be killing it in the bank every record drop.

Major labels, depending on the deal, leave an artist with between .50 - $2.00 an album.

And a few cents per single.

So most artists only make 500k going platinum.

Eh.. food for thought.

Tech has stated he's a multi-millionaire, but never went anymore specific. but he also splits everything 50/50 with Trav

trav gets a cut cuz hes da executive producer right? im pretty sure fontana n rbc gets something too...but techs a multi millionaire so yea he must get a good amount from album sales...and lets not forget hes VP...but a lot of money goes into making an album as well...paying for da beats,studio time,collabos, etc

I thought the HQ had it's own studio inside?...I'm guessing that'd be where they record most of the time? I wouldn't see Tech spending TOO much on studio time. Anyway, yeah. Even when Tech was on 106 N Park...Terrance made that comment about how Tech is the #1 Indy Rapper in the world, so that means he's making a lotta money. Between merch, ticket sales, and albums through out the years...he must be stacked. I mean, he just bought a brand new house not too long ago..that says something.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ diaz

trav gets a cut cuz hes da executive producer right? im pretty sure fontana n rbc gets something too...but techs a multi millionaire so yea he must get a good amount from album sales...and lets not forget hes VP...but a lot of money goes into making an album as well...paying for da beats,studio time,collabos, etc

Tech N9ne and Strange Music, are Blessed! All their hard work pays off. Well, aside from the fact they have the best music out there

not on his albums. he probly bets paid as the artist that drops it plus as the owner of strange. im sure tech is alot richer than alot of us think

Quote Originally Posted by a tie a
    Tech has stated he's a multi-millionaire, but never went anymore specific. but he also splits everything 50/50 with Trav

feel the same way

Quote Originally Posted by matt meyer
    not on his albums. he probly bets paid as the artist that drops it plus as the owner of strange. im sure tech is alot richer than alot of us think

Quote Originally Posted by a tie a

and he said in crybaby his merchendise sells $5,000 every half an hour. plus hes co-owner, VP, and the artist. plus all his touring. the dude has got to be filthy fuckin rich.

No they don't record at hq, there's sone place that they go and record. (can't remember where) but I think I heard they pull in about 10k a average show so thats where they make there money.

Quote Originally Posted by Techn9cian4life

I thought the HQ had it's own studio inside?...I'm guessing that'd be where they record most of the time? I wouldn't see Tech spending TOO much on studio time. Anyway, yeah. Even when Tech was on 106 N Park...Terrance made that comment about how Tech is the #1 Indy Rapper in the world, so that means he's making a lotta money. Between merch, ticket sales, and albums through out the years...he must be stacked. I mean, he just bought a brand new house not too long ago..that says something.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ diaz

tech paid straight cash for an 80,000 benz so thats sayin a lot.. plus artists only get a fuck load of money if they go platinum.. the chains, cars, houses and all that shit is bought by the label their on cause its cheaper then payin them millions.. basically mainstream artists are like rich 16 year old girls and the labels are their daddies who pay their bills.