Given some of the little hints Strange Music fans have been privy to over the last few months, it’s becoming apparent that 2013 is set to be the year of the Snake and Bat.
One thing we know for a fact is that Tech N9ne has a new album coming out in 2013, and it’s expected to be even more epic than All 6’s And 7’s (if that’s even possible), so we decided to take some time to make a wish list of sorts for collaborations we’d like to see happen, if the world doesn’t explode on the 21st that is.
10. Action Bronson – Bronsolini has been damn near EVERYWHERE this year, with features ranging from Riff Raff to The Alchemist, yet somehow the Snake and Bat hasn’t nabbed one of the dopest emcees to touch a mic in 2012. Who knows what 2013 could bring, and we think it’d be dope to hear Tech N9ne on some East Coast type shit.
9. Snoop Lion – Since having a re-birth of sorts in Jamaica, the S-N-double O-P has transformed from Dogg to Lion, and from the looks of it some Reggae work is in his future. Not only would we like to see these two work together again, but we think Tech’s double-time flow would sound dope over some Reggae shit. Have you heard “Smoke Sumting”? Exactly.
8. A$AP Rocky – A$AP is another dude that’s been turning a lot of heads this year, and you can’t deny that he’s a chopper in his own way, so we think these 2 would fit perfectly together. Throw them on a slowed up beat and let them tear it to pieces. And we wouldn’t mind if it had this next emcee on it as well…
7. ScHoolboy Q – So we already know that A$AP & ScHoolboy sound dope as shit together (See: “Hands On The Wheel”), and we’re pretty positive A$AP and Tech would sound dope together, so why not just throw them on the same one? Can you imagine if Tech had been on “Hands On The Wheel”?? Us either, but it’d be awesome to see this come to fruition and find out!
6. Slaughterhouse – Alright we kinda cheated on this one by including a group, but it’s not our fault that Slaughterhouse happens to contain 4 of the dopest emcees in the game right now! I don’t think we really have to explain why this collab would be the shit, so let’s just conserve our energy for wishing like hell that it happens.
5. Ab-Soul – We’re not entirely sure how this hasn’t already happened to be completely honest with y’all. This dude utterly destroys every track he touches, and he’s no stranger to heavy lyrical content as well, so we think he and Tech would make a perfect pair.
4. Outkast – We know these two haven’t really done anything together in a minute, but that doesn’t mean we can’t dream about it! Really, we’d take either member to do a collab track with Tech N9ne, but obviously it would be the shit if Sir Lucious Left Foot AND Three Stacks hopped on a beat with the K.O.D.
3. Nas – Few emcees can tell a story and keep it real like Tech N9ne can, and Nas is one of those few. Tech has hinted a couple times at wanting to get Nasty Nas on a track, and every single one of us at the HQ has our fingers crossed that 2013 will be the year it finally happens.
2. The Doors – We know the Lizard King has long since left us *single tear escapes from eye*, but the remaining members of The Doors are still alive, well, and kicking ass! And shit, they just did that collab with Skrillex, so who knows? Besides, how could we NOT want to hear Tech with the band that inspired him to create Strange Music?
1. Eminem – Of course Eminem is number 1! Y’all have been asking, begging, and hoping for this collab for years now, and we’re hoping that 13 will be the lucky number as far as Tech N9ne’s studio albums go. “The Anthem” gave us a little taste, and we’re just as hungry as y’all are for the rest.
Let us know in the comments section below!